Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter Wonderland-AGAIN!*@&#^$%





So our latest storm brought another 2 1/2 feet of snow. It's so beautiful- but it better be- since I'm usually cooped up in the house staring at it out the window the whole time it's snowing and usually the next couple days after. Oh well, the kids sure had a blast jumping in it from the swing set and throwing snowballs at each other. My spring planting is probably not going to happen as soon as I'd like. I think I better start building an indoor greenhouse so I can get seed going sooner. I found one I really like from a Bird's and Bloom's issue. Just a note- I was notified Tuesday- the day of the storm that my old Junior High teacher Mr. Pearson was killed in a car accident on his way to school that morning. Some of my friends from Rick's College 48th ward will have known his daughter, Nancy Pearson. He was an awesome teacher. I think we were able to dissect like every creature known to man-well not really but a giant earthworm, clam, crawfish, starfish, frog, fetus pig, etc. I remember when I was in 7th grade and Melanie was in 8th. She was dissecting the pig at the same time I was in the office taking a spanish test. I remember concentrating on my test when all of the sudden I heard panting and heavy breathing. Here comes Mr. Pearson with this half dead girl(well not really, but her face was white and head draped back) cradled in his arms. I guess Melanie had accidently cut her finger open with the scalpel and all the blood made her faint- twice. The 2nd time Mr. Pearson I think caught her, but anyways, carried her to the office. That picture of Melanie draped in his arms left a permanent imprinted picture in my head. He had eight children- and I'm sure they can tell of a great legacy he was as a father.

1 comment:

Mattie Rae said...

And Mel is nurse? Nothing stops that girl, does it?

Sorry to hear about your teacher and I should have come snowmobiling after that snowstorm!