Sunday, February 22, 2009

My actual post


If any of you noticed, my last post was made up of merely a title- that's it- and I think I got more comments from that than any other blog I've written. What actually happened is that I was at the library trying to update my blog and I accidently erased it, so I tried again and surprisingly
my computer logged off when I was helping Brooklyn in the bathroom. So- sick of trying- I gave up and just posted the title. What I was trying to blog about was my weekend with just the girls and I. Wes went to Cedar City to visit his brother and I opted to stay home with Hailey and Brooklyn. We went shopping, ate at McD's, put together princess puzzles, played princess card games, watched princess movies, and well, that was just Saturday. That night we hooked up with my brother and his date Meagan and went to the New American Philharmonic Orchestra in Ogden. It was awesome. They did a whole theme with Star Wars- the boys would have loved it. I kept the girls quiet with a bag of M&M's and a bribe for an ice cream treat afterwards if they were good- it worked. The night before we took the kids to the circus. It was fun. The girls were into the pink and blue dyed poodles that could dance and ride scooters and the boys were into the motorcycles in the cage of death. The rest of the weekend consisted of me vegging out on the couch with my lastest DVD from the library. It was the North and South series. I believe I watched 20 hours of romance and war. I spent most of that 20 hours telling the girls to close their eyes or throwing a blanket over their heads until the kissing scene was over.(I guess Wes watched it in his teens and so when I told him I picked it up from the library he was like- that's a great movie-I didn't know he was such a chick flick buff- when I reported to him of all the kissing fluff he swore he didn't remember it being like that- Whatever!) Anyways, the boys and the girls were sure excited to see each other that Monday night. They kept hugging each other and telling each other they missed them. The week before, one of my favorite roommates from college came down to go snowmobiling. It was fun! Next time we'll have to see if we can take a trail in the mountains somewhere. Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTIE next week! LUV YA!