Sunday, February 22, 2009

Remodel







Well, these are before and after pictures of my parents home. You probably can't tell you're looking at the same house if you've been in my parents house before the remodel. This has been a work in progress. My mom didn't have a kitchen for over a year. She washed dishes in the bath tub until my dad finally put in a utility sink. The opening down into the family room used to be a wood burning fireplace and door to the garage. Now it's a big family room with two bedrooms added to the east of it. My dad did cherry cabinets, and it's an all porcelain tile floor with wood floor in the family room. They just finished the stair area. My dad made all of the posts (yes even the medal decorative ones) and they just finished the carpet and wood on the sides this week. My mom ordered a fancy round table with 8 chairs to go around it which will replace the old table and benches you see there in the dining area. The kitchen is only about75% done. He will add a sitting area in the little breakfast nook and a huge cabinet area on the south side of the kitchen which is not in the picture. My mom didn't want me to take a picture because it was still dirty but if I didn't do it now I'd probably never do it. Anyways, my parents are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! and TALENTED!!!!!!!!! and HARD WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!! There is A LOT more things they have done in the house but I can't take every picture of the house. I've been blogging long enough. You'll all just have to come up to Idaho and visit my parents sometime!

4 comments:

Mattie Rae said...

That is so amazing! I so wish I had skills like that.

Cher said...

It looks good, thanks for posting!

Kim Bee said...

hmmmmm and I wonder where you get all your talent and amazing-ness.......girl, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You are all AWESOME!!!! It looks fabulous!! Congrats to your parents.
p.s. I miss you!

Amie Orton said...

Thanks for posting those pictures Celeste! I have been dying to see the finished product. My mom talked and talked and talked about that kitchen and all the work being done. It is sooo beautiful. Your mom deserves a beautiful kitchen after all these years of cooking. Oh and I love that wedding cake for jake. The swirly's or whatever you call them look really hard and awesome. I'll have to tell Sarah to come to your site and look at it. Well anyway, my heart is so heavy for little Lucy and Chad and Cher right now, and for your whole family. We just miss being close when things like this happen. Your whole family is in our prayers. love you guys!
Amie.