Sunday, July 20, 2008

Brooklyn sick





Last week was a long week. We got back from Idaho and did some fun stuff with Zach for his birthday. That night we stayed at Wes's parents house cause he had to take them to the airportat 4:30 the next morning. Around 1:30 Brooklyn (our 1 year old) woke up crying. She spent the whole night vomiting and bad diarhea. This continued until the afternoon when we got some anti nausea medicine in her. Anyways, she was so miserable. She was so pale (some of you ask if it is possible that she could get any whiter- but yes she did) and would just lay there. I was hoping it was one of those 24 hour bugs but the next day she started throwing up again. She scared me- she had a temperature of over 103 and I could almost see her little body just wither away in front of me. I took all five kids to the ER where thankfully Wes met me. The took xrays and tests and then hooked her up to an IV. She was so brave. She didn't fight much when they poked and prodded because she had no energy. The doctor wanted to keep her over night but he talked to the attending pediatrician and said it would be OK to send her home as long as we came back in the morning for a check up. She already seemed tons better getting those fluids in her and started to be back to her self somewhat. Everything still seemed fine at the Dr visit the next day and so I thought everything was down hill from then even though she still had severe diarhea. Well, the next day she started throwing up again and I say her body deteriorate in just a few hours. I took her back to the Dr and after some other tests they admitted her to the hospital. She was so dehydrated it took them 7 times of poking before they were able to get a vein for the IV. She was like a little pin cushion and I tell you as a parent, the hardest thing is to watch your child in pain and suffering and not be able to do anything about it. We were there Friday, Saturday, and then they released her Sunday afternoon. I can tell when she was starting to get better cause she'dwake up at 5 in the morning wanting yogurt, or demand eggs at various times in the day. We are so happy she is back to bossing around her brothers and sister. We are also grateful we have 5 healthy children. I hope I never take that for granted. Brooklyn- we love every cute, little 20 pounds of you and are grateful you are a part of our family! Here's a picture of her about a year ago. The only things that's really grown in her hair. CUTIE!

2 comments:

Jared and Jennie Faurschou said...

Good to hear she's all better now. I hate it when kids are not feeling their normal self.

TeaTree Photography said...

CELESTE!! WHEN DID YOU JOIN THE WORLD OF BLOGGIN SINCE OCTOBER? WHAT????
Oh, I know the feeling of helplessness when your child is sick. There is NOTHING worse than that!
Melanie is going to come over and stay with me, I might be overbearing but...I NEED FAMILY AROUND ME!!!
Your home is sooo beautiful. I never did see it. Wow! ALl that work that you and Wes did. It is soo nice!
Miss you guys~! Come over to the East and visit us. You can come by train if you wish. It is cheaper!~
Love us!