Thursday, September 3, 2009

June jarred into one paragraph


So, yes May was busy, including our 11th Wedding anniversary. June started off with mom having her hip surgery, and little Lucy having her G-tube surgery-both success I know because of priesthood blessings, prayer, and fasting. We took the kids to Stake Lagoon Day and survived- actually it was beautiful weather and the kids were patient in hanging out with mom until dad could come and take them on the big scary rides later on that evening. I celebrated my 31st birthday without feeling too depressed. Part of my birthday present was a ticket to fly out and spend a week with my sister Cherisse and her family by San Fransisco. I was excited to explore new territory, spend late nights talking with Angela and Cherisse, and bond with the kids, especially little Lucy. It was great other than my allergies decided to explode in full force. We went to all the typical tourist sights- I was overwhelmed by the power of the ocean and relieved I didn't have my kids with me- I would have been a paranoid mess. One of the highlights was going to the Musical - Wicked! It was totally, wickedly, awesome but I can never watch The Wizard of Oz again I think- my view now is too warped. I got back safely and it didn't take long to get immersed, and back in the groove of motherhood and homemaker. Cameron had his first comp. tournament the end of June. The Roy Rampage. They did well taking home 1st place honors- being undefeated. Cameron really enjoys soccer. We did the Park City Extreme Soccer Tournament the beginning of August in which they also won- 1st place.

4 comments:

Amie Orton said...

love the updates! i heard you were superwoman once again at the weddings. I was wondering if when my children get married I could just adopt you as my sister. you are so awesome and upbeat. We just love you Celeste.

amie

Shena said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE WIcked! Make sure the soundtrack is part of your collection. My kids love it!

Dave & Colette said...

Congratulations Cameron Way to go!

Mel said...

Cool cam bam
!!