Thursday, September 24, 2009

August Rush II




sooo- where did I leave off- OH YEA! the 2nd wedding- Ryan and Meagan- They had a beautiful ceremony in the Logan Temple- I'd never been to a sealing in that temple and it was quite unique-loved it! The night before we had about 5 roaster ovens cooking lots of yummy stuff-needless to say it was hard to sleep when you had such yummy odors floating in the air. I was glad I checked the ovens before I went to bed though because there was so many amps being pulled on some of the same circuits that almost every oven had turned off- that would have been a DISASTER when we woke up the next morning and found that nothing was cooked! Needless to say we had a great wedding dinner-Roast Beef, Chicken Cor Don Bleu, Roasted Red Potatoes, Seasoned Rice Pilaf, Summer Veggies, grapes(3 kinds), rolls, salad w/feta cheese and real bacon bits and then you could pick toppings and dressings (raspberry vinegrette-fresh raspberries, apple pecan vinegrette-fresh slice granny apples, orange vinegrette-mandarin oranges, ranch-sliced cucumbers) We had refreshing lime punch and a table with a huge variety of different desserts (yum yum) I think we fed over 90 people and everyone left with a full happy stomach. We said goodbyes because Mel had to be at the airport by 5 the next morning. The kids started school that Monday. They all love their teacher and brand new school. Congratulations to my three other cousins that got married inbetween all the other chaos in the month of August-Caleb, Jared, and Kyle. All the celebrations that we were able to attend was great!

2 comments:

shaunandnina said...

WOW! I am surprised that you haven't gone into early labor! I really don't know what your family would have done without you, though. The wedding sounds fabulous! (If you made it to my sealing, this would be your second Logan sealing. You were in the pictures, but I just can't actually remember who attended!:)

Kim Bee said...

I second selena....i just dont know how you do so much and stay pregnant full term! I took a peek at Alisa's blog and pix - so darn cute! the cake is fab *which is no surprise* did you do the flowers too? WOW - the whole thing was great! Good luck with baby boy or girl?? Go on just tell me.......lol!!! Can't wait to hear they're here. Take Care - luv ya xo