Sunday, June 3, 2012

March April

             Miss Brooklyn on Crazy Hair Day-you may not believe this-but this hairstyle fits Brooklyn's personality perfectly-HA!  She's not so quite and innocent as you might think-but she sure is CUTE!

We didn't have a very "productive" snow winter-but there was still enough slush behind our house to take the kids for one last outing sledding.  They actually had more fun riding in their sleds down the mini creek alongside the road and just got a little wet.

 Here's Jonny skiing.  He'd have stayed all night if I would have let him.
 The 2nd graders put on puppet shows every year with puppets that they make themselves.  Hailey played a little white cat in "The Old Woman and her Pig"

                      Ethan has learned some GQ poses from his older brother.  Quite the posers.
 The third graders have a DRIVE-IN movie day every year where they design their own box car.  Jonny made sure he was stacked with treats, a pillow, and blanket so that he could sleep the whole movie :)
 So General Conference weekend we went on a little excursion.  We stopped at my sister Crystal and hubby Colby's house in St. George.  My nephews Beckam and Maddox are so cute and the kids loved playing with their cousins.  They also became quite fond of Kinnect too.  And just a side note, obviously not being detailed about the talks I listened to during conference-but can I say-Best Conference EVER(I think I say that every conference-but seriously, so good)
 Sunday afternoon we took a small "hike" on these cool rocks with little "caves" 
Mid week we went to Vegas to spend a few days with our good friends the Bainbridge Family!  We love spending time with them and wish it was more often.
The were so nice and heated the pool up just for us-the kids had so much fun.  Bailey is so good at entertaining the girls and the boys just had fun being boys.  I go to go to some of my friend Kim's Zumba classes she teaches.  It was a lot of fun, though, I have to admit, she can shake it a lot better than I can.  She has so much energy and it raises all her pupils energy up.  We consider them part of our extended family.
We got to finish our spring break back in St. George.  We watched Beckam's soccer team school the other team.  We went to their annual easter egg hunt which litereally lasted 60 seconds and their were thousands and thousands of eggs. 
We went to historic church site. Everytime I hear a pioneer story I feel so grateful and my problems so miniscule.
We had a short date night and so left the kiddos-they all had survived when we got back.
On our way back home we stopped and hiked a little through Snow Canyon. These were mounds of petrified sand that we hiked on.  It was pretty cool.
Easter Sunday is usually chaotic but especially when church starts @ 9am.  The kids had a great Easter and hope that they felt the spirit of Easter.
A few months ago a sister in my ward asked if  I would help with her daughters wedding reception.  I bit off probably more than I could chew since I was also getting ready for my dance recital-but hinesight-it's over- and I thought turned out very beautiful.
Here's Jonny's pinewood derby car. This was the first time Wes was involved in helping(usually it's me staying up till midnight helping the boys) but I have to say I was really impressed on how much thought and work they put on it together.  Jonny actually did really well-considering the one's that beat his was one purchased over the internet(is that even legal?) and others that were "clones" of older siblings that had won.
My sister-in-law Angie asked if I would make a couple birthday cakes for my twin nieces 21st birthday. Originally she just wanted me to "draw" some disney characters on top of a round cake-but I had a different idea.  As if you can't tell by the cake designs-my nieces personalities are just as different as the cakes were.

My little Brooklyn had her Kindergarten program mid May. She did such a good job-it was fun to watch her. When she got up to the mic to say her part she had to stand on her tippy toes and lift her chin way up-so cute.
Jonny had his big 3rd grade Patriotic program.  One of my favorite programs because of all the great songs that they sing.  Funny though-Jonny is always demanding attention but when he's "performing" -he's quite non expressive-HA!  Did a good job though.
So my Cameron is now officially graduated from Elementary School-UGHh! Why do I feel so old-and can I be honest a say-a little anxiety that I will be going through 7th grade all over again like I felt like the first of last year with Zac.  Hopefully, Cameron learned something from Zac's mistakes  :)
I had to put this pic in.  We were going to roast hot dogs and smores-so I asked Cameron to make a log cabin style fire-This is what I found when I went to light the fire.  :)       I added a video of  Zac helping out his buddy on his SBO skit.  Zac had a lot of fun and they picked up the dance really fast and I thought did a great job.

No comments: